Sunday, February 9, 2020

greens plan

I don't like veggies that much.  These are the ones I like.

tree collard greens
sunflower microgreens
peas
snap peas
snow peas
asparagus
broccoli
cucumbers
chard
spinach
brussels sprouts
eggplant
pumpkin, kabocha squash

Hmm, that list is longer than I thought. 

I could like some lettuce.  I like butter lettuce salad, with almond slices.

We grow tree collards.  I thought we should grow sunflower microgreens also.  A while back, I looked at ways.  Soil, no soil.  DIY trays made of whatever you have lying around as trash, vs nice spiffy storebought stuff.

We have a bunch of sunflower seeds saved from a couple years ago, from the sunflowers we grew.  Maybe I'll try growing those.

I watched some youtube videos.  Then I think I decided to go to the hydroponics store and see what I could buy in person from a human I could talk to.  And support a local business.  Sounds like a fun field trip.

No comments: